"I'm tired of fighting with other brothers about menial things, it's time we start fighting for each other."
A Christian who fails to unite with a community of believers is vulnerable to all-out demonic siege.
In C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" the mentoring demon advised Wormwood to get them (Christians) to focus on indifferent things.
What are we fighting over?
Some of the meanest people I know are people who show up to church on Sunday.
7 common tactics of Satan
1. Doubt (Gen. 3:1)
3. Deception (John 8:44) (all war is based on deception)
4. Division (John 17)
5. Disruption (I Cor. 1:10-12)
7. Destruction (Luke 11:17)
4 Characteristics of Gospel friendship (1 Peter 5:1-4)
1. A gospel friend initiates a reproducible example as an image-bearer of Jesus. "Shepherd the flock…not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock" (vs 2-3)
2. A gospel friend intiates relationships in spite of his own personal needs. The glory of God motivates this interaction. "As a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a paraker in the glory that is going to be reveasled" (vs1) – you dont' get rid of your junk first. You serve others while you are struggling.
3. A gospel friend initiates relationships with the people among them. "Shepherd the flock of God that is among ou, exercising oversight" (vs 2). "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned — every one — to his own way" (Isa 53:6)
4. A gospel friend initiates caring acts of service for others: "not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you."
"you are a wolf leader if you are drawing people to yourself."